Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Meshing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,

I have two subdomains in my model which are several orders (10^3) difference to each other. I don't know how to get a good meshing to model since i have a very small subdomain and a big subdomain together.

I have used interactive meshing option. But i'm just wondering if there is any good method to mesh these type of domains.

Ex: one subdomain is of length 1.
second one is of 0.001

Thanks,

Manohar

1 Reply Last Post 2010/10/11 15:40 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010/10/11 15:40 GMT-4
Hi

Try to mesh the small one first, then mesh the larger one with a large growth facor and a coarser mesh (if possible/acceptable by the model)

Or add an (or several) internal boundary (1/2 or 1/4 circle/sphere) in the large domain to make an intermediate "domain" to mesh, to have a less steep transition, start with the small domains first

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Try to mesh the small one first, then mesh the larger one with a large growth facor and a coarser mesh (if possible/acceptable by the model) Or add an (or several) internal boundary (1/2 or 1/4 circle/sphere) in the large domain to make an intermediate "domain" to mesh, to have a less steep transition, start with the small domains first -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.