Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

problem : comsol&matlab, ubuntu 9.04

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

i have quite an issue with my matlab-comsol connection. I open the Comsol model, then I go file -> client/server/matlab -> Connect to matlab. Matlab starts ok. When I tell matlab to run the comsol script I have opened this way, it asks me about changing directory, I allow it to do so and then it simply disappears without saying anything. I cant even close the Comsol window that remains on afterwards, because it can not disconnect from the matlab which disappeared. I'm totally puzzled. Please help !

Hanzi

2 Replies Last Post 2009/12/03 11:29 GMT-5

Posted: 1 decade ago 2009/11/30 6:57 GMT-5
Hi,

I have searched the problem a little and it seems to bee an geometry issue. In script, which uses imported geometry, it falls on

fem.geom=geomcsg(fem);

in scritpt, that creates geometry itself, it falls on

g5=geomcomp({g3,g4},'ns',{'g3','g4'},'sf','g3+g4','edge','none');

(previous set of commands :

garr = geomimport('/home/hanz/Dokumenty/COMSOL/scripting_exp/brzda/brzda_geom.mphbin', ...
'repairtol','1.0E-5', ...
'sdim',3);
[g1,g2,g3,g4,g5]=deal(garr{:});

% Geometry objects
clear s
s.objs={g1,g2,g3,g4,g5};
s.name={'CO1','CO2','CO3','CO4','CO5'};
s.tags={'g1','g2','g3','g4','g5'};

fem.draw=struct('s',s);
)

where the g3 and g4 are :

g3=rect2('0.02','-0.0075+0.06','base','corner','pos',{'0.06','-0.06'},'rot','0');
g4=rect2('0.06','0.02','base','corner','pos',{'0.08','-0.06'},'rot','0');

simple rectangles.

Any thoughts ?

Please help x 1000

Thnx,

Hans
Hi, I have searched the problem a little and it seems to bee an geometry issue. In script, which uses imported geometry, it falls on fem.geom=geomcsg(fem); in scritpt, that creates geometry itself, it falls on g5=geomcomp({g3,g4},'ns',{'g3','g4'},'sf','g3+g4','edge','none'); (previous set of commands : garr = geomimport('/home/hanz/Dokumenty/COMSOL/scripting_exp/brzda/brzda_geom.mphbin', ... 'repairtol','1.0E-5', ... 'sdim',3); [g1,g2,g3,g4,g5]=deal(garr{:}); % Geometry objects clear s s.objs={g1,g2,g3,g4,g5}; s.name={'CO1','CO2','CO3','CO4','CO5'}; s.tags={'g1','g2','g3','g4','g5'}; fem.draw=struct('s',s); ) where the g3 and g4 are : g3=rect2('0.02','-0.0075+0.06','base','corner','pos',{'0.06','-0.06'},'rot','0'); g4=rect2('0.06','0.02','base','corner','pos',{'0.08','-0.06'},'rot','0'); simple rectangles. Any thoughts ? Please help x 1000 Thnx, Hans

Posted: 1 decade ago 2009/12/03 11:29 GMT-5
Sorted out by using older matlab. When tracking error, the thread goes somewhere outside the COMSOL m-files.
Sorted out by using older matlab. When tracking error, the thread goes somewhere outside the COMSOL m-files.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.