Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Faraday's Law of induction

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi Everyone,

I’m new to CONSOL physics. I’m trying to simulate Faraday’s law of induction. My goal is to use two coils. One carries a variable current and the other measure the induced current. My questions are as follows:

1- What physics do I need use?
2- How do I add an alternative current source?
3- How do I measure the induced current in the second coil?

I would appreciate any help. I have attached a graphic showing my set-up.

Regards,

Mo

3 Replies Last Post 2015/05/28 2:30 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/07/06 18:35 GMT-4
U need to use magnetic and electric fields in DC/AC
I cant see any attached setup sir
U need to use magnetic and electric fields in DC/AC I cant see any attached setup sir

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/07/07 10:18 GMT-4
Hi Sam,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I have attached a graphic showing the set-up. This graphic is based on the COMSOL Helmholtz example.

I would appreciate any help regarding the following:
How do I define a current (or voltage) source using a formula (A*sin(w*t)) and how do I measure the induce current (or voltage ) in the second coil.

Thanks.

Regards,

Mo
Hi Sam, Thanks for your prompt reply. I have attached a graphic showing the set-up. This graphic is based on the COMSOL Helmholtz example. I would appreciate any help regarding the following: How do I define a current (or voltage) source using a formula (A*sin(w*t)) and how do I measure the induce current (or voltage ) in the second coil. Thanks. Regards, Mo

Posted: 9 years ago 2015/05/28 2:30 GMT-4
Hi,

Greetings!!

I want to build a model regarding to Faraday's Laws of electromagnetic Induction.
I am not able to build it. Can you please help me in this?

The idea is we have two PCB layers with a Permanent Magnet inside them.
The magnet is moving with frequency of 120Hz.
One PCB layer is called Rigid layer with has few turns in it.(Slide 1)
The other PCB layer is called flexible layer with has springs to hold the magnet but no winding.(Slide 2)
Now when the magnet moves, emf is induced in the coils of the Rigid PCB layer.
Rigid and flexible layers are kept in a stack and it forms a cube like structure (Slide 3)
Many such PCB layers are connected in series and we get more induced emf.
This is all my project is all about.

Can you please help me in building the project?

A brief presentation of it has been attached to this mail. I request you to go through it.

Thank you
Hi, Greetings!! I want to build a model regarding to Faraday's Laws of electromagnetic Induction. I am not able to build it. Can you please help me in this? The idea is we have two PCB layers with a Permanent Magnet inside them. The magnet is moving with frequency of 120Hz. One PCB layer is called Rigid layer with has few turns in it.(Slide 1) The other PCB layer is called flexible layer with has springs to hold the magnet but no winding.(Slide 2) Now when the magnet moves, emf is induced in the coils of the Rigid PCB layer. Rigid and flexible layers are kept in a stack and it forms a cube like structure (Slide 3) Many such PCB layers are connected in series and we get more induced emf. This is all my project is all about. Can you please help me in building the project? A brief presentation of it has been attached to this mail. I request you to go through it. Thank you

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.