Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

What is the meaning of the variable of *ht.DeltaH*?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

When I studied the application* Concentric tube heat exchanger(Application Library path: Heat_Transfer_Module/Applications/concentric_tube_heat_exchanger, version: 5.4), I found a variable *ht.DeltaH in the expression of E (effectiveness of heat exchanger), which I couldn't find it in the Help document. What is the meaning of the variable ht.DeltaH ? Thanks for your help!

2 Replies Last Post 2020/08/21 2:45 GMT-4

Posted: 4 years ago 2020/08/21 0:47 GMT-4

Can you say clearer

Can you say clearer

Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Posted: 4 years ago 2020/08/21 2:45 GMT-4

Hi,

If you search for ht.DeltaH using the Find tool (press Crtrl+F), you will see that where it's defined, and moving to that list of variables in an Equation View node (enable Equation View in the Show More Options dialog box), you can see its definition and that it's the sensible enthalpy, which is related to sensible heat. We will look into if we can make the model documentation more clear about the variables that it uses.

Best regards,

Magnus Ringh, COMSOL

Hi, If you search for `ht.DeltaH` using the **Find** tool (press Crtrl+F), you will see that where it's defined, and moving to that list of variables in an **Equation View** node (enable **Equation View** in the **Show More Options** dialog box), you can see its definition and that it's the *sensible enthalpy*, which is related to sensible heat. We will look into if we can make the model documentation more clear about the variables that it uses. Best regards, Magnus Ringh, COMSOL

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.