Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Defining a material using two viscosity equations with two variables (presssure, temperature) with different conditions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to model supercritical carbon dioxide as fluid into a tube. when the simulation satrts the carbon dioxide is flowing as a gas but after the critical point it becomes supercritical. I have defined the viscosity in supercritical state using an analytical function but this function is not valid is the gaseous phase. I would like to add another equation dependent of pressure and temperature from start until the supercritical point. After this point, the viscosity should follow the equation for supercritical carbon dioxide. I don't know if this is possible and how I could model this. I hope someone could help me with this matter.

function1(p,T): p =1-73 bar T = 313-373 C

function2(p,T): p = 73-200 bar T = 313-373 C

I would like to thank you in advance.

0 Replies Last Post 2022/09/30 9:20 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Olaf Schipper

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.