Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to find the value of an expression

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi all,
am e new comsol user. I have an expression in comsol
like a = b(T-t)flc2hs(T-t) + c
where i have all values except "a". I want to find its value in comsol and not manually. so is there anyway to find it out.

thanks in advance

Bala

1 Reply Last Post 2010/10/27 9:01 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010/10/27 9:01 GMT-4
From Options>Expressions>Scalar Expressions you can write the following expression (a) in terms of the other variables.

Then, Comsol will calculate this variable during solution. After solution is complete, you can see the results of 'a' from Postprocessing>Plot Parameters. You should write a in the Expression section.

Regards,
Özen
From Options>Expressions>Scalar Expressions you can write the following expression (a) in terms of the other variables. Then, Comsol will calculate this variable during solution. After solution is complete, you can see the results of 'a' from Postprocessing>Plot Parameters. You should write a in the Expression section. Regards, Özen

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.