Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Measurement points

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm trying to model a simple heat transfer model. Can I select some measurement points on my sample and have the temperature of those points as a result?

4 Replies Last Post 2010/10/27 17:13 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010/10/27 11:40 GMT-4
After you solve your model, you can simply look at the results of the variables at a specific point.

To do this:

1. Click on 'Postprocessing' from the above menu
2. Select 'Cross-section Plot Parameters'
3. Select the 'Point' Tab
4. In the 'Expression' section, write the name of the variable of which results you want to see
5. In the 'Coordinates' section, write the coordinates of the point that you are interested in
6. Click OK

You will get the results of the selected variable on that point. If it is a transient analysis, the x-axis will be 'time'

Regards,
Özen
After you solve your model, you can simply look at the results of the variables at a specific point. To do this: 1. Click on 'Postprocessing' from the above menu 2. Select 'Cross-section Plot Parameters' 3. Select the 'Point' Tab 4. In the 'Expression' section, write the name of the variable of which results you want to see 5. In the 'Coordinates' section, write the coordinates of the point that you are interested in 6. Click OK You will get the results of the selected variable on that point. If it is a transient analysis, the x-axis will be 'time' Regards, Özen

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010/10/27 11:55 GMT-4
I'm sorry, But I couldn't find the post processing tab :( is it the same in all versions?
Thanks again for your help.
I'm sorry, But I couldn't find the post processing tab :( is it the same in all versions? Thanks again for your help.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010/10/27 17:08 GMT-4

I'm sorry, But I couldn't find the post processing tab :( is it the same in all versions?
Thanks again for your help.

For version 4.0, See Model Tree - Results
For former version, See the Menu - PostProcessing
[QUOTE] I'm sorry, But I couldn't find the post processing tab :( is it the same in all versions? Thanks again for your help. [/QUOTE] For version 4.0, See Model Tree - Results For former version, See the Menu - PostProcessing

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010/10/27 17:13 GMT-4
Thank you so much! Since I could not find that, I did this :

Results --> data sets --> derived values --> point evaluation

It seems to do what I wanted. Thank you so much again for your help :-)
Thank you so much! Since I could not find that, I did this : Results --> data sets --> derived values --> point evaluation It seems to do what I wanted. Thank you so much again for your help :-)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.