Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Union in a laminar structure

Ram Prasadh Narayanan

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I am trying to build a laminar structure. How to combine two layers in the structure? By combine, I mean, I want the layers to be attached, but different. So in a latter stage, I will assign different materials to them. Screenshot here of the uncombined section. Any help will be helpful.

Thanks Ram.

1 Reply Last Post 2017/10/23 4:16 GMT-4
Ram Prasadh Narayanan

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago 2017/10/23 4:16 GMT-4

One more question: The object message says that the geometry is disconnected. I have formed the union, but not sure why the message says it. Can anyone please let me know how I can make a connected geometry here? Thanks Ram.

One more question: The object message says that the geometry is disconnected. I have formed the union, but not sure why the message says it. Can anyone please let me know how I can make a connected geometry here? Thanks Ram.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.