Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Antenna position

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

Why does the position of a monopole antenna matter when evaluating temperature change in the tissue?

For example, I am finding a great deviation in the final temp values (20degC) when I place the antenna deep inserted in the block of tissue shown as "A" in the attached picture as opposed to when it is placed just on the surface (high temp) with air surrounding in both, shown as "C". Its suprising as I also applied this concept in the COMSOL tutorial model for RF liver ablation. https://www.comsol.com/model/hepatic-tumor-ablation-497 and have observed the same effect as slightly changing the position of the antenna in the simulation makes a big difference in the tissue temperature (5-10degC)

Any suggestions would be helpful, much appreciated.

Shailesh

0 Replies Last Post 2017/10/23 9:55 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Shailesh Joshi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.