Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Material properties as a function

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Im trying to give youngs modulus for a material as a function of three different variable say a,b,c where a is in [Pa] and b is in [Pa] and c is a constant..How to i define an analytic function and write the expression in the actual space given for youngs modulus?Example my analytic function is ((a)/1+((b/a)-1)*(c)).

2 Replies Last Post 2018/03/23 0:49 GMT-4

Posted: 6 years ago 2018/02/28 9:43 GMT-5

On the Material definition node, and inside a property group, an analytical function can be added (see the picture) And the value of the parameter is specified in the 'Material Contents' Value colums, or in the property group definition. You can change it to the name of your function

The 'Model inputs' parameters of the function can also be specified on the 'property group' definition, I think in order to deals with different notation

best regards,

On the Material definition node, and inside a property group, an analytical function can be added (see the picture) And the value of the parameter is specified in the 'Material Contents' Value colums, or in the property group definition. You can change it to the name of your function The 'Model inputs' parameters of the function can also be specified on the 'property group' definition, I think in order to deals with different notation best regards,

Posted: 6 years ago 2018/03/23 0:49 GMT-4

How can i give youngs modulus as a function of temperature and initial stress?.Can anyone post the screenshot of it containing all the arguments and the units?

How can i give youngs modulus as a function of temperature and initial stress?.Can anyone post the screenshot of it containing all the arguments and the units?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.