Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problems with the boundary conditions in an AC/DC simulation

Manuel Antonio De La Hoz Lambraño

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm trying to run a electrostatic model in 3D. It has two electrodes (spheres) embebbed in air (another sphere) and we wnt to know the net electric field. When I define the boundary conditions, one of them has a maximum voltage and the other has zero voltage. I put the outmost surface to ground and run the simulation. The result of the electric field is shown (fig 2). This answer is obviously wrong, and I suspect the problem is the zero charge condition in the electrodes appear active. (see fig 1.), because, if I understand, this condition says that no D cross any surface (because . Could somebody help me to find where is my mistake?

0 Replies Last Post 2018/04/23 15:23 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Manuel Antonio De La Hoz Lambraño

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.