Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Using Variables as Plot Range

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm quite new to COMSOL and currently working through the tutorials. In the busbar tutorial, there's the issue that the color range for the Temperature surface plot doesn't scale properly.

My aim was to have it scale automatically, by using the minimum temperature and minimum temperature +2 as the manual color range.

However, I can't find any way to do it. It appears that the range can only be a Global Parameter. It won't accept a component variable defined via minimum coupling, and I don't see any way to use derived values or values from an evaluation group. I've also tried using probe results to no avail.

Is doing this just not possible in COMSOL? What exactly are the limitations on plot ranges, only parameters are accepted?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

1 Reply Last Post 2019/03/07 6:54 GMT-5
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago 2019/03/07 6:54 GMT-5

Romain,

yes only parameters are possible in a plot range. One option is to use a model method to set the parameter using the variable value. This can then run in the study sequence.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Romain, yes only parameters are possible in a plot range. One option is to use a model method to set the parameter using the variable value. This can then run in the study sequence. Cheers Edgar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.