Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Opening Doors

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I want to model the interaction between the tunnel and platform in a subway station. knowing that the tunnel and the platform are separated with platform screen doors , the plateform and the tunnel are in different boundary and initial conditions; the flow is transient and turbulent. My question is, how I can model the movement of the platform screen doors in a given time, is there a way to make them vanish or move them in the given time? thank you!

1 Reply Last Post 2019/08/14 8:03 GMT-4
Michael Rembe Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago 2019/08/14 8:03 GMT-4
Updated: 5 years ago 2019/08/14 8:01 GMT-4

Hi Acene,

wow, it seems, it is a very very complex task! Is it possible in a first step to analyze the two different states seperatly?

Of course, you can try to use different domains in an assembly and a moving geometry to simulate the opening doors.

Good luck!

Michael

-------------------
Michael Rembe
Rembe Consulting PartG mbB
www.rembe-consulting.de

Hi Acene, wow, it seems, it is a very very complex task! Is it possible in a first step to analyze the two different states seperatly? Of course, you can try to use different domains in an assembly and a moving geometry to simulate the opening doors. Good luck! Michael

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.