Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Particles are not falling down under gravity rather they are following a parabolic profile through out the domain

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi, im using particle tracing with fluid flow coupled with single phase laminar flow, here my base fluid is air and particles are given density of 2200kg/m3. I ran the simulations by switching on the gravity, drag force while i maintain the inlet velocity is as low as 0.02m/s . What i expected is that the partcles should follow a falling trajectory and settle down on the bottom wall, but to my surprise particles are continued to flow along the channel with same straight path as if they are neutrally buoyant particles. Is any one faced this?? someone please explain why it is behaving like this.

I used a 2d domain with l b = 2m 0.1m particle size is =100 microns.

0 Replies Last Post 2019/08/16 11:42 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Prasanth Gunipe

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.