Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simulating wire through flat spiral coil

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I am a new comsol user and i have a problem regarding the simulation of wire with current through flat spiral coil. I begin with my geometry which is 3D. the physics that i use are currents and mef. I cannot understand how can i set the current that passes through the wire and i cannot find how i can measure the voltage from induction at the two ends of the coil. I am completely new to the software and i appreciate any help. thank you in advance.

4 Replies Last Post 2019/11/10 9:02 GMT-5

Posted: 4 years ago 2019/11/05 14:50 GMT-5
Updated: 4 years ago 2019/11/05 9:50 GMT-5

Can you post your file? It will make it easier to offer a suggestion.

Can you post your file? It will make it easier to offer a suggestion.

Posted: 4 years ago 2019/11/10 6:29 GMT-5

hello, because i work on my school's computer i cannot take the file with me but i can provide a screenshot from my work. i cannot find how to measure induced voltage at the coil when current passes through the wire. Thank you

hello, because i work on my school's computer i cannot take the file with me but i can provide a screenshot from my work. i cannot find how to measure induced voltage at the coil when current passes through the wire. Thank you

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 years ago 2019/11/10 7:30 GMT-5
Updated: 4 years ago 2019/11/10 7:35 GMT-5

Panos,

It looks like you don't have an air domain around the metal parts. You may also consider to realize this in mf and use coils. Check application library examples and the documentation.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Panos, It looks like you don't have an air domain around the metal parts. You may also consider to realize this in mf and use coils. Check application library examples and the documentation. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 4 years ago 2019/11/10 9:02 GMT-5

Hi Edgar, i realised that with the air domain and i added it. But still i cannot find a way to measure induced voltage in my coil. Thank you for your time.

Hi Edgar, i realised that with the air domain and i added it. But still i cannot find a way to measure induced voltage in my coil. Thank you for your time.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.