Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Accessing the values of an inbuilt variable at a particular point!

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

Is there any way, to access the value of an inbuilt variable at a particular point? I have a simple comsol model (file attached).

In this model, under "solid mechanics module", there is a boundary load "Boundary Load Check", acting at boundary number "4" (Refer to the attached model). This causes deformation in the domain near boundary "4". Comsol calculates "solid.bndl3.uy" at each point of the boundary "4". Is there any way that, I can access its values any point of my interest on boundary "4".

Say, I want to access the value of "solid.bndl3.uy" at the origin or at any arbitrary chosen point within the boundary "4"?

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies Last Post 2020/02/24 8:11 GMT-5
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 4 years ago 2020/02/21 10:42 GMT-5

Hi,

You can use at3(x_coord, y_coord, z_coord, expression)

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
Hi, You can use at3(x_coord, y_coord, z_coord, expression)

Posted: 4 years ago 2020/02/24 8:11 GMT-5

Hi,

You can use at3(x_coord, y_coord, z_coord, expression)

Thank you so much. It really helped me to improve efficency of my model.

Regards Abhishek P.

>Hi, > >You can use at3(x_coord, y_coord, z_coord, expression) Thank you so much. It really helped me to improve efficency of my model. Regards Abhishek P.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.