Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Two step stationary study, problem of using the result of 1st step as the initial value of the 2nd step

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

For this kind of initial value problem, there are lots of discussion over it. However, I still fail to figure out the way to do it.

Here is my simple test, I created one study including two stationary steps to figure out how this works. So I create a membrane fixed at four sides, which means when a pressure is applied on it, it could only deform in z- direction. In the first step, I apply a boundary load on it and disable another boundary load. In the second step, I disable the first boundary load and enable the second one. For the result, I can't see these two boundary load adds up on the membrane at the same time. I end up getting two seperate result from each step.

What I tried is to change the setting of "values of dependent variables", method:solution, study:study1, stationary. However, it still doens't work in my case.

Is there anyone knowing what setting i miss?

0 Replies Last Post 2020/08/09 12:11 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Lin C

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.