Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How can I export results from file and re-use it in another file?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have built a model and I have results.. I want to export these results from this model because I want to re-use it in a new model with the same geometry..

How can I do that? I work in 3D?

my goal results that I menton above are Electric Filed distribution.

6 Replies Last Post 2021/04/20 11:28 GMT-4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 3 years ago 2021/04/19 22:26 GMT-4
Updated: 3 years ago 2021/04/19 22:27 GMT-4

It might help for you to review this thread for a related discussion: https://www.comsol.com/forum/thread/286503/solve-the-poisson-equation-with-charge-density-data?last=2021-04-15T06:07:09Z

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
It *might* help for you to review this thread for a related discussion: https://www.comsol.com/forum/thread/286503/solve-the-poisson-equation-with-charge-density-data?last=2021-04-15T06:07:09Z

Posted: 3 years ago 2021/04/20 9:45 GMT-4

It might help for you to review this thread for a related discussion: https://www.comsol.com/forum/thread/286503/solve-the-poisson-equation-with-charge-density-data?last=2021-04-15T06:07:09Z

I really appreciate your answer .. it is very useful .. Thank you so much If you look to Figure-1, This is the Data that I want to export. I exported as you mention.. At Figure-2, I use this data in Interpolation Function as you mention.. - What should I write in Arguments box or should I change the “Use spatial coordinates as arguments” as it is shown in Figure-3? - Is there a way to control the accuracy of the data that used in this function? - Finally, How can I use this function? I want to use it in RF module…

Thank you again and I appreciate your efforts

>It *might* help for you to review this thread for a related discussion: >https://www.comsol.com/forum/thread/286503/solve-the-poisson-equation-with-charge-density-data?last=2021-04-15T06:07:09Z I really appreciate your answer .. it is very useful .. Thank you so much If you look to Figure-1, This is the Data that I want to export. I exported as you mention.. At Figure-2, I use this data in Interpolation Function as you mention.. - What should I write in Arguments box or should I change the “Use spatial coordinates as arguments” as it is shown in Figure-3? - Is there a way to control the accuracy of the data that used in this function? - Finally, How can I use this function? I want to use it in RF module… Thank you again and I appreciate your efforts

Posted: 3 years ago 2021/04/20 10:11 GMT-4

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish. How do you wish to re-use the data? As an initial condition? As a boundary condition? Also, I encourage you to describe what physics you are attempting to model, and what you are trying to compute with your model. (Note also that for most physics problems, it is not necessary to export/import data from one model to another; there is very likely a better way to attack your problem anyway.)

-------------------
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish. How do you wish to re-use the data? As an initial condition? As a boundary condition? Also, I encourage you to describe what physics you are attempting to model, and what you are trying to compute with your model. (Note also that for most physics problems, it is not necessary to export/import data from one model to another; there is very likely a better way to attack your problem anyway.)

Posted: 3 years ago 2021/04/20 10:39 GMT-4

I try to build Photoconductive Antenna.

As you know, Photoconductive Antenna is fed by DC voltage difference between electrodes and Gaussian Laser Pump in femtosecond that illuminates the Gap between electrodes. I tried to use AC/DC module to apply DC voltage, and RF module to apply Laser. I don’t know how to make coupling between those physics. So, I move to what I explain above. I try to add DC voltage using AC/DC module and export the resultant Electric Field from that. Then, I want to set this Electric Field as an initial condition in RF module.

That is whole issue… Thank you

>I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish. How do you wish to re-use the data? As an initial condition? As a boundary condition? Also, I encourage you to describe what physics you are attempting to model, and what you are trying to compute with your model. (Note also that for most physics problems, it is not necessary to export/import data from one model to another; there is very likely a better way to attack your problem anyway.) I try to build Photoconductive Antenna. As you know, Photoconductive Antenna is fed by DC voltage difference between electrodes and Gaussian Laser Pump in femtosecond that illuminates the Gap between electrodes. I tried to use AC/DC module to apply DC voltage, and RF module to apply Laser. I don’t know how to make coupling between those physics. So, I move to what I explain above. I try to add DC voltage using AC/DC module and export the resultant Electric Field from that. Then, I want to set this Electric Field as an initial condition in RF module. That is whole issue… Thank you

Posted: 3 years ago 2021/04/20 10:51 GMT-4
Updated: 3 years ago 2021/04/20 10:56 GMT-4

Re:

As you know, Photoconductive Antenna is fed by DC voltage difference between electrodes and Gaussian Laser Pump in femtosecond that illuminates the Gap between electrodes. I tried to use AC/DC module to apply DC voltage, and RF module to apply Laser. I don’t know how to make coupling between those physics. So, I move to what I explain above. I try to add DC voltage using AC/DC module and export the resultant Electric Field from that. Then, I want to set this Electric Field as an initial condition in RF module.

Well, that sounds complicated. I don't know enough about doing that kind of modeling problem to offer much more advice. Regardless, I don't think I would try to do this by exporting and importing data/results. Rather, if you know how to setup the physics for each stage individually, then you should be able to represent it all in a single model file, with sequential stages of physics and solutions. Bear in mind that you can assign/activate specific physics separately, in each of your sequential studies, within the same model file.

-------------------
Re: >I try to build Photoconductive Antenna. > >As you know, Photoconductive Antenna is fed by DC voltage difference between electrodes and Gaussian Laser Pump in femtosecond that illuminates the Gap between electrodes. >I tried to use AC/DC module to apply DC voltage, and RF module to apply Laser. >I don’t know how to make coupling between those physics. So, I move to what I explain above. I try to add DC voltage using AC/DC module and export the resultant Electric Field from that. Then, I want to set this Electric Field as an initial condition in RF module. > >That is whole issue… >Thank you Well, that sounds complicated. I don't know enough about doing that kind of modeling problem to offer much more advice. Regardless, I don't think I would try to do this by exporting and importing data/results. Rather, if you know how to setup the physics for each stage individually, then you should be able to represent it all in a single model file, with sequential stages of physics and solutions. Bear in mind that you can assign/activate specific physics separately, in each of your sequential studies, within the same model file.

Posted: 3 years ago 2021/04/20 11:28 GMT-4

Re:

Well, that sounds complicated. I don't know enough about doing that kind of modeling problem to offer much more advice. Regardless, I don't think I would try to do this by exporting and importing data/results. Rather, if you know how to setup the physics for each stage individually, then you should be able to represent it all in a single model file, with sequential stages of physics and solutions. Bear in mind that you can assign/activate specific physics separately, in each of your sequential studies, within the same model file.

I tired that several time and I haven't reach to what I need

>Re: >>I try to build Photoconductive Antenna. >> >>As you know, Photoconductive Antenna is fed by DC voltage difference between electrodes and Gaussian Laser Pump in femtosecond that illuminates the Gap between electrodes. >>I tried to use AC/DC module to apply DC voltage, and RF module to apply Laser. >>I don’t know how to make coupling between those physics. So, I move to what I explain above. I try to add DC voltage using AC/DC module and export the resultant Electric Field from that. Then, I want to set this Electric Field as an initial condition in RF module. >> >>That is whole issue… >>Thank you > >Well, that sounds complicated. I don't know enough about doing that kind of modeling problem to offer much more advice. Regardless, I don't think I would try to do this by exporting and importing data/results. Rather, if you know how to setup the physics for each stage individually, then you should be able to represent it all in a single model file, with sequential stages of physics and solutions. Bear in mind that you can assign/activate specific physics separately, in each of your sequential studies, within the same model file. I tired that several time and I haven't reach to what I need

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.