Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modeling ACSR Hysteresis Loss

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm trying to model ACSR transmission lines in 6.0. I'm trying to accurately model the hysteresis loss due to the steel core to get a proper impedance value for my simulation. When I try to add the Jiles-Atherton Hysteresis model to my coil (mf domain), it says "Jiles–Atherton Hysteresis model is supported for stationary and time dependent studies." and won't let me calculate. Is there any way to model Hysteresis in the frequency domain?

Thanks for your help!

2 Replies Last Post 2022/12/09 11:43 GMT-5
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 year ago 2022/12/08 11:22 GMT-5

Jonathan,

hysteresis makes the thing nonlinear. That is why it isn't working in the frequency domain.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Jonathan, hysteresis makes the thing nonlinear. That is why it isn't working in the frequency domain. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 1 year ago 2022/12/09 11:43 GMT-5
Updated: 1 year ago 2022/12/09 11:48 GMT-5

Thanks for the quick response Edgar!

Thanks for the quick response Edgar!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.