Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Partial integration in full integration

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,

I am trying to calculate the induced voltage in a coil in the time domain, the formula is:

V=int(part(A)/part(t)dl)

i hope you get the idea, that is a line integral for one filament of a coil, dl being part of the length of the wire. i need to integrate the partial magnetic vector potential (A) for each time step along the wire.

1 Reply Last Post 2013/08/17 4:07 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013/08/17 4:07 GMT-4
Hi, you may use a line integration in derived value when you doing the postprocessing , and the variable to be integrated can be an expression of Axt,Ayt and Azt, the "t" here means the time derivative, and Ax,Ay,Az are the three component of magnetic vector potential, and perhaps the expression could be written as "sqrt(Axt^2+Ayt^2+Azt^2)", I am not sure, wish it works!
Good Luck!
Hi, you may use a line integration in derived value when you doing the postprocessing , and the variable to be integrated can be an expression of Axt,Ayt and Azt, the "t" here means the time derivative, and Ax,Ay,Az are the three component of magnetic vector potential, and perhaps the expression could be written as "sqrt(Axt^2+Ayt^2+Azt^2)", I am not sure, wish it works! Good Luck!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.