CAD Import Module Updates
For users of the CAD Import Module, COMSOL Multiphysics® version 5.3 extends support to new versions of certain CAD file formats. Read more about this CAD Import Module update below.
Updated Support for New CAD File Format Versions
The CAD file import and export functionality has been extended to support new versions for the following file formats:
Read from File
- Parasolid®: (.x_t, .xmt_txt, .x_b, .xmt_bin) up to V29.1
- ACIS®: (.sat, .sab, .asat, .asab) up to R25, 2017 1.0
- Inventor® assemblies: (.iam) versions 11, 2008–2017
- Inventor® parts: (.ipt) versions 6–11, 2008–2017
- SOLIDWORKS®: (.sldprt, .sldasm) versions 98–2017
- NX™: (.prt) up to version 11
Write to File
- Parasolid®: (.x_t, x_b) V29.1
You can view a complete list of supported CAD file formats in the CAD Specification Chart under the "Read from File, CAD" and "Write to File" sections.
Autodesk, the Autodesk logo, and Inventor are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. ACIS is a registered trademark of Spatial Corporation. Parasolid and NX are trademarks or registered trademarks of Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and in other countries. SOLIDWORKS is a registered trademark of Dassault Systèmes SOLIDWORKS Corp. COMSOL AB and its subsidiaries and products are not affiliated with, endorsed by, sponsored by, or supported by these trademark owners.