Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Import mesh and multiple initial values in COMSOL 4.0

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I am trying to import the result from Quickwave simulation (a Electromagnetic field simulation software) and use the temperature distribution obtained from Quickwave in Comsol for further heat transfer study.

I plotted the target system, mesh it with FDTD method (which is the equations solving method in Quickwave), then apply microwave heating equations, and obtain temperature in each mesh. Now I would like to use this temperature distribution in Comsol for heat convection study. But the mesh obtained from Quickwave can only be opened as text file. They are conformal mesh, not free triangle ones, according to the solving method. I am able to get the dimension of each mesh, but do not know how to import it into Comsol 4.0. It seems that Comsol can only import the *.mphtxt and *.mphbin files.

Another question is, how can I assign the temperature to each mesh in Comsol even if I can obtain the same mesh as in Quickwave? In heat transfer module, I can only assign ONE initial value for a object, but not define temperature in each cell/mesh.

All in all, I have a data set of mesh and temperature distribution and would like to apply them in Comsol 4.0. I didnot use the RF module in Comsol for microwave heating since Quickwave can give me a better simulation results. Any comments and suggestions are appreciated, thanks.

0 Replies Last Post 2010/11/02 16:40 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello 阳 焦

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.