Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Beginner's Question: Heat flux across domain

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am solving a problem for radiation in participating medium and need to know the heat flux across the medium. I can see the results for incident radiation and blackbody radiation intensity among other things, but there is no option for heat flux in the drop-down menu when I try to look at the data. How do I find this?

1 Reply Last Post 2010/11/24 4:01 GMT-5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010/11/24 4:01 GMT-5

The heat flux into a domain is the sum of the fluxes over all the boundaries plus the heat generated/absobed in the domain itself.
I think you need to look into the boundary integrations.
The heat flux into a domain is the sum of the fluxes over all the boundaries plus the heat generated/absobed in the domain itself. I think you need to look into the boundary integrations.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.