Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Solver building a mesh after making one manually

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi.
I have a task of calculating the HT in a minichannel fluid domainmodel that involves a length of a few hunderd's of mm but the cross section of 1mm x 1mm wih the solid geometry thickness around it of 0.16mm. The CAD model is from solidworks livelink. For a geometry sections that involves very thin geometry and a thick one, I have split mesh into two tetrahedral sections with different sizings, involving fluid and solid domains. As I select to compute my Ht-fluid / Laminar flow problem the solver starts creating a new mesh and doesn't consider the mesh I have created. This returns the error " no mesh in domain (numner): failed to respect the geometry boundary (adjacent solid boundary)".

The geometry sections involve a thickness for solid domain as small as 0.16mm (and approximately the length is around 350mm). The liquid domain geometry is 1mm x 1mm.

1 Reply Last Post 2016/11/23 10:21 GMT-5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 2016/11/23 10:21 GMT-5
Could you upload your model?
Could you upload your model?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.