Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

problem about infinite elements

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am making a simulation about remote field eddy current . I want to set a domain with infinite elements but an error is got.
-Feature: stationary solver1(sol1/s1)
-Error:undefined value found
Why such an error is produced? Could anyone help ?

Thank you!

Best Regards.

4 Replies Last Post 2011/02/16 2:49 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/01/20 9:16 GMT-5
Hi

Ttis could come from the definition and the way to set up the infnite or PML elements (but it might be something else too)

you must define if you are in cartesian, cylindrical or spherical shape = direction of extension, and from where you count your origine.

Then your infinite geoemtry should be rather symmetric arranged around this origine you have defined, if not replace the "origine" to a more centra place (w.r.t. infinite element shape.

In cartesian, make true separate domains for x, y and x+y directional infinite element properties

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Ttis could come from the definition and the way to set up the infnite or PML elements (but it might be something else too) you must define if you are in cartesian, cylindrical or spherical shape = direction of extension, and from where you count your origine. Then your infinite geoemtry should be rather symmetric arranged around this origine you have defined, if not replace the "origine" to a more centra place (w.r.t. infinite element shape. In cartesian, make true separate domains for x, y and x+y directional infinite element properties -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/01/29 13:17 GMT-5

Link wasn't correct, I think.
Link wasn't correct, I think.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/02/16 2:45 GMT-5
Hi,

Ivar, thank you for your reply!

I attached my model. It is about remote field eddy current testing.
I can get the results when I use "general" type for defining the infinite domain,
but when the "cartesian" type is used, there still will be a error named of "undefined value found.
I am confusd about this. The center of block is"0,0,0".

Thanks again.

Hi, Ivar, thank you for your reply! I attached my model. It is about remote field eddy current testing. I can get the results when I use "general" type for defining the infinite domain, but when the "cartesian" type is used, there still will be a error named of "undefined value found. I am confusd about this. The center of block is"0,0,0". Thanks again.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/02/16 2:49 GMT-5
sorry there is someting wrong and I can not upload the mph.file.
sorry there is someting wrong and I can not upload the mph.file.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.