Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Acoustic monopole or point source

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am doing simulation using Acoustics module.

Problem is that how can I select a specific node to be a point source?

And How can see the results at a specific node in side of the object?

How can apply a force to a specific node in side of a model?

For example, I have created a sphere and a flow point source in the center of the sphere . I would like to see the velocity value at the surface and somewhere inside the sphere.

Thanks~

1 Reply Last Post 2011/01/28 3:34 GMT-5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/01/28 3:34 GMT-5
Hi,

I am not too familiar with the Acoustics module but want to comment from a more physical viewpoint.

A point source is a singularity and may also be a bit difficult in an FE approach. How about replacing the point by a small sphere around the point and assigning respective boundary conditions to the sphere?

Best regards
Edgar
Hi, I am not too familiar with the Acoustics module but want to comment from a more physical viewpoint. A point source is a singularity and may also be a bit difficult in an FE approach. How about replacing the point by a small sphere around the point and assigning respective boundary conditions to the sphere? Best regards Edgar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.