Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Comsol v4.0 "No help plugins were found"

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

Just recently upgraded to Comsol v4, was using 3.5 before.

Whenever I try to use Dynamic Help (i.e. press F1), it says "No help plug-ins were found. See also: COMSOL help desk."

I tried looking on the Comsol CD and it seems like I installed everything, and can't find any help plugins.

I tried looking online for Comsol version 4 help plugins but couldn't find any.

I tried clicking on "COMSOL help" in the error message above and it just says it can't find it.

Where do I get these help plugins from? Note that this is not just for selected topics, ALL topics don't show any help, i.e. no help files seem to be installed even though installation went smoothly

Thanks,

David

1 Reply Last Post 2011/02/16 1:09 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/02/16 1:09 GMT-5
Hi

check the forum and the KB, there are a few threads about similar things, but you shoudl also say which OS version etc to get more precise help. Finally the COMSOL support is there also for such things ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi check the forum and the KB, there are a few threads about similar things, but you shoudl also say which OS version etc to get more precise help. Finally the COMSOL support is there also for such things ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.