Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

3d moving mesh

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

i model 3d axial blades of gas turbin and rotate it by using chemical rotating machinary model library.
i use 3d moving mesh (ale frame) at boundary condition.

when i run comsol , very long time to be spent to solve the problem. more than 10 days.

Can the problem be processed in parallel? how?
dose comsol work with parallel processing? how?
please help me.

what time step have more efficiency?

4 Replies Last Post 2011/03/01 9:32 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/02/28 1:23 GMT-5
HI

I would say I do not trust any calculations that run for more than a few hours, if I do not have several probe plots being updated telling me how the main components of my simulation are behaving (a such as total energy etc), in addition to the convergence graphs (still missing in v4, hope they come in v4.2 ;)

Heavy CFD are delicate and require long calculations times, and long and tedious model validations indeed

--
Good luck
Ivar
HI I would say I do not trust any calculations that run for more than a few hours, if I do not have several probe plots being updated telling me how the main components of my simulation are behaving (a such as total energy etc), in addition to the convergence graphs (still missing in v4, hope they come in v4.2 ;) Heavy CFD are delicate and require long calculations times, and long and tedious model validations indeed -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/02/28 13:35 GMT-5
hi

Most errors that i have been encountered is " the relative residual is more than 1000 times is larger than relative tolerance ".

Why, when i increase the relative tolerance and absolute tolerance, Convergence in number and less time is done?

The relative tolerance and absolute tolerance to what number do I increase?

degree of freedom of model is 127544
hi Most errors that i have been encountered is " the relative residual is more than 1000 times is larger than relative tolerance ". Why, when i increase the relative tolerance and absolute tolerance, Convergence in number and less time is done? The relative tolerance and absolute tolerance to what number do I increase? degree of freedom of model is 127544

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/02/28 15:12 GMT-5
Hi

sorry to say, but I'm myself still looking for that reply too ;) In particulary for v4

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi sorry to say, but I'm myself still looking for that reply too ;) In particulary for v4 -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/03/01 9:32 GMT-5
ok then i should wait !

thanks

what kind of linear system solver is more suitable for solution. what is the difference?
ok then i should wait ! thanks what kind of linear system solver is more suitable for solution. what is the difference?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.