Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Frames in Solid Mechanics

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

It seems the default frame in the Solid Mechanics module is "Deformed Frame". How should I switch this to the Material or Reference Frame?? In 3.5a it was just a click but I did not find this option V4.1

I have also attached the file as well

Please help!!

Thanks
Tushar

2 Replies Last Post 2011/03/18 13:09 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/03/18 13:03 GMT-4
Hi,

In Comsol 3.5a, the deformed frame is turned off by default.
If you open your 3.5a model in 4.1, you will see that there is an option (maybe under "Advanced" options) under solid mechanics module "Displacements control the spatial frame", this option is UNCHECKED.

But if you construct a model in 4.1 for solid mechanics module, it's CHECKED by defaut. it's somewhere mentioned in the manual.

So if you don't want the deformed frame, I think you can just uncheck the option "Displacements control the spatial frame".
Hope this helps.

XLi
Hi, In Comsol 3.5a, the deformed frame is turned off by default. If you open your 3.5a model in 4.1, you will see that there is an option (maybe under "Advanced" options) under solid mechanics module "Displacements control the spatial frame", this option is UNCHECKED. But if you construct a model in 4.1 for solid mechanics module, it's CHECKED by defaut. it's somewhere mentioned in the manual. So if you don't want the deformed frame, I think you can just uncheck the option "Displacements control the spatial frame". Hope this helps. XLi

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/03/18 13:09 GMT-4
Hi Li

Thanks!! It does :)

Best
Tushar
Hi Li Thanks!! It does :) Best Tushar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.