Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Phase animation in COMSOL 4.1

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Is it possible to get a phase animated plot of a RF solution in COMSOL 4.1?

Thanks.

6 Replies Last Post 2012/02/08 10:25 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/03/30 11:11 GMT-4
Hi

you have the arg() function or atan2(imag(yourVariable),real(yourVariable)) way, or via a table defined in the postprocessing Defined Variable node

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you have the arg() function or atan2(imag(yourVariable),real(yourVariable)) way, or via a table defined in the postprocessing Defined Variable node -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/03/31 8:29 GMT-4
Thanks Ivar. I'm not really sure on how to do that. I have solved a RF model in the frequency domain and I can use the "player" feature of 4.1 to animate the solution in a frequency sweep, but I cannot animate the solution changing the phase (solution at angle) for a fixed frequency. Where should I use the functions that you say?

Regards,
Iker.
Thanks Ivar. I'm not really sure on how to do that. I have solved a RF model in the frequency domain and I can use the "player" feature of 4.1 to animate the solution in a frequency sweep, but I cannot animate the solution changing the phase (solution at angle) for a fixed frequency. Where should I use the functions that you say? Regards, Iker.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/04/01 2:41 GMT-4
Hello!

You have to change the player setting for "sweep type" to "dynamic data extension".
This will work, if your variable is something like V = Vmax*exp(j) for complex calculation.

Ralf
Hello! You have to change the player setting for "sweep type" to "dynamic data extension". This will work, if your variable is something like V = Vmax*exp(j) for complex calculation. Ralf

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/02/07 16:50 GMT-5
Are there any better instructions for doing RF phase animations? The instructions in this thread are too terse for me to understand.
Are there any better instructions for doing RF phase animations? The instructions in this thread are too terse for me to understand.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/02/08 9:25 GMT-5
Hi!

One example...but for MEF.

Ralf
Hi! One example...but for MEF. Ralf

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/02/08 10:25 GMT-5
Hi Ralf,

this is something I had been looking for for a while. Thanks a lot and my vote for you.

Cheers
Edgar

P.S. Just wondering how they define their terminolgy at COMSOL. Couldn't they just simply call it phase?
Hi Ralf, this is something I had been looking for for a while. Thanks a lot and my vote for you. Cheers Edgar P.S. Just wondering how they define their terminolgy at COMSOL. Couldn't they just simply call it phase?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.