Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

MEMS DISC resonator

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi to all

I build the Disc resonator with dimensions of radius of DISC is 17um, its thickness is 2um and gap between the disc to electrodes is 1000 Angstroms , done Eigen frequency Analysis for this model i used the same material which they are mentioned in the published IEEE paper my Questions are

1) I am not getting the exact results with 100 times less compare to paper, they got eigen frequency 160MHz but for my self it is 1.68MHz i did exactly same as they mentioned i don't know where is the problem ?

2)I used the electrostatics(es) physics for this model is this enough or i have to use some other physics to get the correct results?

3) And unable to find out the Quality factor for this model (please provide, if is there any procedure ?)

4) Presently i don't have the license for the RF module is it required for finding the Quality factor or can i do it with MEMS module

if any body knows the answers please help me ........
thanks in advance .........

0 Replies Last Post 2011/05/02 6:48 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sri Kanth

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.