Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Mark my experimental values to the curve point in the plot window of COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi Everybody

The purpose of my question is to compare the theoretical curve obtained on COMSOL with my experimental values on the plot window.

I have a curve point on the plot window. I have a few experimental values and I'd like to mark them to the curve point precisely.

Is this possible and how? if not is there another solution to my problem.
Thank you.

5 Replies Last Post 2013/03/08 9:57 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/05/11 15:33 GMT-4
Hi

If it's to mark the theoretical curve at your metrology points, from my knowlege it's not possible in V4 to now, but its in the v4.2 I have heard so it will come soon ;)

The only other way is to use matlab on the raw data,
or to export the curve or the table values and use another plotter

But if its to add some points on a modelled curve for general comparison you can read in your experimental points into a list function and plot it on the same plot group as your simulations (what you cannot get before 4.2 is a tick mark on the curve exactly at the points, these are only intepolated and distributed evenly up to 4.1)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi If it's to mark the theoretical curve at your metrology points, from my knowlege it's not possible in V4 to now, but its in the v4.2 I have heard so it will come soon ;) The only other way is to use matlab on the raw data, or to export the curve or the table values and use another plotter But if its to add some points on a modelled curve for general comparison you can read in your experimental points into a list function and plot it on the same plot group as your simulations (what you cannot get before 4.2 is a tick mark on the curve exactly at the points, these are only intepolated and distributed evenly up to 4.1) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/05/11 16:18 GMT-4
Thank you Mr Ivar

I understood, i am trying to know how can i export the plot data to matlab. And which kind of plotter else, can resolve easily my problem?

Regards, Med
Thank you Mr Ivar I understood, i am trying to know how can i export the plot data to matlab. And which kind of plotter else, can resolve easily my problem? Regards, Med

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013/03/08 7:36 GMT-5
Hi Ivar,

If it's to mark the theoretical curve at your metrology points, from my knowlege it's not possible in V4 to now, but its in the v4.2 I have heard so it will come soon ;)
--
Good luck
Ivar

Is this feature now available in v4.3a?

thanks
Peter
Hi Ivar, [QUOTE] If it's to mark the theoretical curve at your metrology points, from my knowlege it's not possible in V4 to now, but its in the v4.2 I have heard so it will come soon ;) -- Good luck Ivar [/QUOTE] Is this feature now available in v4.3a? thanks Peter

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013/03/08 9:51 GMT-5
Hi

yes it cam rapidly, already a few (sub) version ago, the plot option node:

1D Plot Group - Line Plot - Colouring and Style tab - Marker: Cycle - Positioning Interpolated (default) or now: "In data Points"

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi yes it cam rapidly, already a few (sub) version ago, the plot option node: 1D Plot Group - Line Plot - Colouring and Style tab - Marker: Cycle - Positioning Interpolated (default) or now: "In data Points" -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013/03/08 9:57 GMT-5
Thanks Ivar.

Related feature would be ability to change tick marks, aka xticks in Matlab? Is that possible in Comsol?

Thanks
Peter
Thanks Ivar. Related feature would be ability to change tick marks, aka xticks in Matlab? Is that possible in Comsol? Thanks Peter

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.