Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

circulations inside a drop

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hai everybody

i am working on microfluidics.

my geometry is rectangular having 10mm in x direction and 1mm in y- direction. I am moving top and bottom walls with a velociyt of 0.05m/s in x-direction.

at 5 mm i have placed two boundaries( edges).

i would like equate the shear stresses at those two boundaries to get the circulations in each half.

how can i do it?

1 Reply Last Post 2011/06/15 16:29 GMT-4
Harikrishnan Jayamohan

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/06/15 16:29 GMT-4
With given inputs/BCs (i.e. velocity of 0.05m/s) you can get the shear stress at the boundaries. But if you need to equate the shear stress (i.e. as per my understanding make shear stress at the two boundaries equal?) then the velocity would change? Is that what you are trying to find out? Pls make your question more clear in sense what are the BCs (inputs) and what is the output you need? Also the velocity 0.05m/s, is it center line velocity/velocity at center of channel?
With given inputs/BCs (i.e. velocity of 0.05m/s) you can get the shear stress at the boundaries. But if you need to equate the shear stress (i.e. as per my understanding make shear stress at the two boundaries equal?) then the velocity would change? Is that what you are trying to find out? Pls make your question more clear in sense what are the BCs (inputs) and what is the output you need? Also the velocity 0.05m/s, is it center line velocity/velocity at center of channel?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.