Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to use heat transfer in fluids

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm testing a really simple model. an ingot is heated by air. with a velocity of 3.63 m/s.
eventually the ingot should be at a temperature of 600 degree's. In real time this takes a few hours.

at first the total surrounding should be heated and after that the ingot (aluminum alloy). In the model this happens instantly, what could be the problem?!

the parameters of the materials I use are out of the database in Comsol

2 Replies Last Post 2011/06/16 7:31 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/06/16 5:21 GMT-4
For this I'm using heat transfer in fluids. heat is transferred by air on the aluminum ingot.
for some reason the results aren't reliable. Is there a tutorial about heat transfer in fluids?
For this I'm using heat transfer in fluids. heat is transferred by air on the aluminum ingot. for some reason the results aren't reliable. Is there a tutorial about heat transfer in fluids?

Lechoslaw Krolikowski

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/06/16 7:31 GMT-4
See documentation:
Heat Transfer Module. User's Guide. COMSOL ver. 4.1.
Chap.7. Conjugate Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow.
See documentation: Heat Transfer Module. User's Guide. COMSOL ver. 4.1. Chap.7. Conjugate Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.