Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to make half circle gemetry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, everyone

I am only a beginner at comsol. I need help with making a half-circle.
I want to make a circle with two half-circle. However, in the geometry menu, there are circle and ellipse.
Can you explain to me how to make half-circle. Thank you.

2 Replies Last Post 2012/04/19 2:03 GMT-4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/08/16 15:27 GMT-4
Whenever I need a half-circle, I first create a full circle and then a rectangle that covers half of the circle, then form an intersection between the two.
Whenever I need a half-circle, I first create a full circle and then a rectangle that covers half of the circle, then form an intersection between the two.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/04/19 2:03 GMT-4
first i drawn full circle and then i drawn one rectangle which inscribes half of the circle ,then i made intersection but after making i am getting only half circle what about remaining half circle
first i drawn full circle and then i drawn one rectangle which inscribes half of the circle ,then i made intersection but after making i am getting only half circle what about remaining half circle

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.