Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem With Non Isothermal Flow

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

Could you help me please with a problem with a simulation?

I´m doing a 2D simulation about a six meter tower reactor in steady state, in whic there is a fluid falling. The reaction is a polimerization so is quickly and the fluid can be modeled as only the polymer during all the reactor. I want to know the temperature and velocity distribution or profiles.
The geometry is a six meter by 0.75m rectangle, in which I did various rectangles acting as the coolant pipe. There are 14 coils during all the reactor and at the bottom, there is a rectangle that goes out of the giant rectangle. I assumed that the coolant flow was so high that I treat the temperature of the pipe as isothermal. Then I created the giant rectangle, then 14 horiontal rectangles and six vertical rectangles at each side of the reactor, then I created another geometry with the same arrange, but a little wider so that it could act as the pipe width. I did a difference, split and deleteentities to get the pipes as hollows. The I put the inlet in the upper part of the giant rectangle, the outlet in the bottom of the giant rectangle and the outflow of temperature also in the bottom of the giant rectangle. Then I put wall condition in the sides of the rectangle. I stated that the pipe was made of Steel ASI and the fluid flowing is a new fluid. I put the heat condutcion in solids condition in the pipe. In the mesh, I put fine and then when I tried to run it, it appeared an error saying that the dependant variable math.mu couldn´t be calculated, I searched and it was the fault of the parameteres of the new material, then i replaced the new material for water and again it didn´t worked. Please, someone could help me?

Thank You Very Much

0 Replies Last Post 2011/12/04 21:32 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Miguel Sierra

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.