Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

sandwich panel and cavity model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello Guys,

I am modeling a sandwich panel, which is backed by a cavity, in shell, solid mechanics and pressure acoustics module. Sandwich panel is made of two shell elements (two thin plates i.e. top and bottom surface) and the middle portion is the core with zero Poision's ratio (solid mechanics module). And the cavity is by pressure acoustics module. My goal is to calculate sound pressure inside the cavity due to a pressure force on the top surface of the sandwich panel. The frequency of the resonance peaks of the pressure graph inside the cavity is similar to the analytical result. However, the amplitude of the peaks is pretty higher than the analytical result. I am wondering why it is happening.

However, when I am modeling this problem in acosutic-structure interaction, then I am getting almost similar results as my analytical one, but very few peaks are showing in the result. Even if by making zero damping on the top and bottom plates did not show all the peaks.

I am not able to know, where my mistake is. That is why I am posting this message on this forum. I am attaching the model, modeled in both the ways explained above, for your reference. Any kind of advise will be deeply appreciated.

Kiran

0 Replies Last Post 2011/12/15 23:23 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Kiran Sahu

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.