Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Keep the units constant inside a "Global 1" in "1D Plot Group"

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

is there a way to keep the units constant, when creating plots?
Inside a "1D Plot Group" for example I added a "Global" graph.
This graph plots several expressions defined in the table. The unit which I want to plot in this case is [mSv/a].
Whenever I add a new expression at the bottom of the table, Comsol falls back to [W/kg] for ALL expressions inside the table.
These two units are equivalent. Its just, that I want to plot [mSv/a] and it is quite annoying having to change the units for all expressions, everytime I add a new expression to the table.

Is there a way to fix the units for a Plot Group / Graph, so that it only needs to be defined once and is NOT automatically changed again (unless the user defined units are incorrect of course)?
I like the idea that Comsol checks the units and notices mistakes.
But it should not automatically fall back to equivalent units, when the user defined ones are correct.

Thanks a lot and have a nice christmas time,
Juergen

2 Replies Last Post 2012/01/09 6:42 GMT-5

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/12/21 11:53 GMT-5
good question

--
learn COMSOL, like COMSOL
good question -- learn COMSOL, like COMSOL

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/01/09 6:42 GMT-5
I just contacted the support team and filed this issue as a wish for future versions of Comsol.

Best regards,
Juergen
I just contacted the support team and filed this issue as a wish for future versions of Comsol. Best regards, Juergen

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.