Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How is Quality factor for frequency solid.Q_freq defined in COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,

I am wondering how is Quality factor for frequency (solid.Q_freq) defined in COMSOL?

In thin film BAW demo, Global solid.Q_freq as a function of frequency is a continuous curve (similar to the result calculated using group delay of S11). What equation was used in calculating solid.Q_freq?

Best.

1 Reply Last Post 2020/06/08 17:44 GMT-4
David Kan COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago 2020/06/08 17:44 GMT-4

Hi Huiyao! The community may or may not get back to you about this, but our support team will answer. You can contact them at www.comsol.com/support. I will forward your question at any rate.

Hi Huiyao! The community may or may not get back to you about this, but our support team will answer. You can contact them at www.comsol.com/support. I will forward your question at any rate.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.