Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

updating boundary condition

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi Ivar
I am doing flow through porous media analysis. In this, I would like to update my boundary condition from my previous time step values (for first time step I gave my BC, for the second time step I would like to use the result from first previous time step as a BC . please do not confused with initial conditions ).
is it possible to update boundary conditions in comsol .
if so , please give me the details .

thank you
regards
vishwesh

1 Reply Last Post 2012/02/23 15:51 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/02/23 15:51 GMT-5
Hi

it is not something I have tried out, not sure ho COMSOL would react, but you can set an expression depending on a sweep parameter, or depending on the ntime "t" in any BC expression.
And in v4.2a you ave a special, new, operator to get access I believe to the previous time step, not sure it allows you to read the solver step previous BC value though.

Once solved you have the at() and with() operator to dig into your data set at given parameter, eigenfrequency or time values. Check the doc its all in there, use an indexer on the pdf to find back the keywords

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi it is not something I have tried out, not sure ho COMSOL would react, but you can set an expression depending on a sweep parameter, or depending on the ntime "t" in any BC expression. And in v4.2a you ave a special, new, operator to get access I believe to the previous time step, not sure it allows you to read the solver step previous BC value though. Once solved you have the at() and with() operator to dig into your data set at given parameter, eigenfrequency or time values. Check the doc its all in there, use an indexer on the pdf to find back the keywords -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.