Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simulation of surface roughness

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm now engaged in a project to simulate the effectiveness of membrane. Since in practical most of the membrane made is not so flat as we could simulate, and the assumed ultra-flat simulation is somehow inadequate for the practical simulation especially when considering the surface roughness or defects on the surface.

I just wonder if there is a parameter that I could set or some other means that I could follow to simulate the impact of roughness and defects on surface.

best regards.

2 Replies Last Post 2012/03/03 11:55 GMT-5

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/03/03 9:52 GMT-5
What effect are you trying to simulate, fluid flow? material to material friction? Electric field strength?
What effect are you trying to simulate, fluid flow? material to material friction? Electric field strength?

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/03/03 11:55 GMT-5

Sorry for not clearify my intention. My simulation is based on the SAW device, and hope to explore how the substrate surface defects or electrode-surface defects with the substrate would affect the whole system response, like the admittance and so forth.

[QUOTE] What effect are you trying to simulate, fluid flow? material to material friction? Electric field strength? [/QUOTE] Sorry for not clearify my intention. My simulation is based on the SAW device, and hope to explore how the substrate surface defects or electrode-surface defects with the substrate would affect the whole system response, like the admittance and so forth.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.