Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

time dependent analysis piezoacoustic transducer

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, everyone and Ivar,

I am working on an example from COMSOL "Transient Gaussian explosion" (attached as: Transient model march14). As you see in the attached file which is with a 4.0a version of COMSOL which is what I only have, based on the example it has used a point source but i do not want to use a point source and I should have something like the piezoacoustic transducer example to have a source like a rectangle and not a point source to analyse with time dependent study and NOT frequency domain study which is so important.

So I wanted to ask if this is possible to do, using the Transient pressure Acoustics, and the Piezoelectric devices in COMSOL 4.0 as what i have in the attached (attached as: Transient model march14-with piezo) and how to do it since if you run my model although it has not errors but there is no presentation for the acoustic pressure results after simulation and it is all green :( .

I am waiting for your response.I appreciate it in advance for your great help to me. please let me know if you have any questions.

I deleted mesh to reduce the size of file, for the files the maximum mesh size should be set to h_max which is already defined.

Thanks
Navid

2 Replies Last Post 2012/03/14 16:41 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/03/14 16:20 GMT-4
Hi

sorry but I'm not equipped with the acoustic module so I cannot really help much. But luckily I'm nt alone out here, certainly there must be someone else who can reply and come with some good advices

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi sorry but I'm not equipped with the acoustic module so I cannot really help much. But luckily I'm nt alone out here, certainly there must be someone else who can reply and come with some good advices -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/03/14 16:41 GMT-4
Thanks Ivar, that is so sad to know for me.. anyhow i appreciate it and still working on it and also waiting for advice.
Thanks Ivar, that is so sad to know for me.. anyhow i appreciate it and still working on it and also waiting for advice.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.