Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Importing data

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I want to plot my experimental data (refractive index of material) in comsol and use this function as property of structure. I am using excel file. After importing, it gives me an error that "Format of data is not correct". Please find the attachted copies of data and error image. Please help me to resolve this issue.

cheers
deepak

2 Replies Last Post 2012/03/17 10:37 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/03/16 16:53 GMT-4
save 2 columns to .txt file and use it instead of .xls
save 2 columns to .txt file and use it instead of .xls

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/03/17 10:37 GMT-4
In Excel, select Save as from the File menu and save your spreadsheet as a CSV (Comma Delimited) file. It will ask you
about some compatibility issues (i.e. it could not save multiple sheets). After this, you can import this CSV file in Comsol.

I have also included the CSV converted file.

Kind regards,
--
Tolga
In Excel, select Save as from the File menu and save your spreadsheet as a CSV (Comma Delimited) file. It will ask you about some compatibility issues (i.e. it could not save multiple sheets). After this, you can import this CSV file in Comsol. I have also included the CSV converted file. Kind regards, -- Tolga

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.