Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Electrostatics - Quadropole

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am trying to do a simple simulation of a quadrapole electrostatic system. However, whenever I go to solve I get the message "Failed to find a solution. Singular matrix. There are 900 void equations (empty rows in matrix) for the variable comp1.V.". I have looked at other references to this issue on the forum but yet to find a solution that works. Any insight would be welcome.

1 Reply Last Post 2021/06/25 7:39 GMT-4
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago 2021/06/25 7:39 GMT-4

Gerard,

set the permittivity in the circle domains to 1 instead of 1e-100 and it solves. You can also remove the domains from the model. It is sufficient to set the boundary conditions. In electrostatics there isn't an electric field inside conductive bodies.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Gerard, set the permittivity in the circle domains to 1 instead of 1e-100 and it solves. You can also remove the domains from the model. It is sufficient to set the boundary conditions. In electrostatics there isn't an electric field inside conductive bodies. Cheers Edgar