Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

What happened to Electromechanical Analysis of a Comb Drive in the Model gallery?

Sanjay Mukuntha Madhava

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I need to apply a voltage on a thin membrane and see the deflection due to the applied voltage

Can someone please help with how to do it? and also the model in the model gallery "Electromechanical Analysis of a Comb Drive" is not there anymore

Regards
Sanjay

4 Replies Last Post 2012/06/14 11:13 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/06/12 15:16 GMT-4
H

Do not forget to update your model library regularly (in V4).

Normally you use a Terminal node to apply a constant voltage or current or value driven by a CIR physics to your boundary, and do not frget to select at least one other boundary as GND

--
Good luck
Ivar
H Do not forget to update your model library regularly (in V4). Normally you use a Terminal node to apply a constant voltage or current or value driven by a CIR physics to your boundary, and do not frget to select at least one other boundary as GND -- Good luck Ivar

Sanjay Mukuntha Madhava

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/06/14 8:46 GMT-4

Do not forget to update your model library regularly (in V4).

Yes we did update the model library but we still did not find those models. A random search on the internet showed that in V 3.5, they were available in MEMS Module

The Models in question are

"Cantilever Beam" and "Comb Drive"

Can you please send me the V3.5 model atleast?

I am yet to find a model for electrostatic deflection or a actuator model in the model library (to couple electrostatics and structural mechanics for the deflection from applied voltage)

Regards

Sanjay
[QUOTE] Do not forget to update your model library regularly (in V4). [/QUOTE] Yes we did update the model library but we still did not find those models. A random search on the internet showed that in V 3.5, they were available in MEMS Module The Models in question are "Cantilever Beam" and "Comb Drive" Can you please send me the V3.5 model atleast? I am yet to find a model for electrostatic deflection or a actuator model in the model library (to couple electrostatics and structural mechanics for the deflection from applied voltage) Regards Sanjay

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/06/14 11:10 GMT-4
Hi

you are right I cannot find any of those two in my V4, and unfortunately I do not have V3.5 installed anylonger.
Try with "support" or your local rep

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you are right I cannot find any of those two in my V4, and unfortunately I do not have V3.5 installed anylonger. Try with "support" or your local rep -- Good luck Ivar

Sanjay Mukuntha Madhava

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/06/14 11:13 GMT-4

Thanks for the reply.
Whom do i contact? I am a student and using COMSOL at the university!

Regards
Sanjay
Thanks for the reply. Whom do i contact? I am a student and using COMSOL at the university! Regards Sanjay

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.