Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

transient analysis problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I am trying to do the unsteady analysis of the PEMFC using the method of transient in the solve parameters.

As we know, in the constant option, we can give one value of V_cell, and use the solve parameter to get different V_cell value in order to draw the V-I curve.

But what I want to know is: how to give the changed value of V_cell by time;
such as: when time is one second, V_cell = 0.2V ; when time is two seconds,
V_cell = 0.5V; when time is three seconds, V_cell = 0.8V ......

Is there any methods to do this job?

Thanks for your time!

3 Replies Last Post 2012/06/28 4:09 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/06/15 3:55 GMT-4
Hi

the crude way is to say V = V0*(t>=0)*(t<1)+V1(t>=1)*(t<2)+ ...
But this makes a stepwise system, its better to use a rect() or step() (combination of Heavyside functions in 3.5) operator with smootheened transition, its often easier for the solvers

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi the crude way is to say V = V0*(t>=0)*(t=1)*(t

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/06/28 2:33 GMT-4

Thank you for your message !
But, still now I don't solve my problem..

What is stepwise system ?
what is combination of Heavyside functions ?

V = V0*(t>=0)*(t<1)+V1(t>=1)*(t<2)+ ...
this method apply for expression ?

I really don't know how to do..
Can you recommend another method in COMSOL tutorial model?
I try many times to find similer model and commend in COMSOL DOCUMENTATION PDF file..
But I can't find method.
please more specific suggest method .

Best wishes !
Thank you for your message ! But, still now I don't solve my problem.. What is stepwise system ? what is combination of Heavyside functions ? V = V0*(t>=0)*(t=1)*(t

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/06/28 4:09 GMT-4
Hi

in V4 you ahve predefined STEP() functions that are smoothed., In 3.5 you need to call the internal Heavyside functions. Index your doc and search for Heavyside, you will find them described, then you need to combine them. You can also search on the forum for 3.5 threads, these functions were often used back in 3.5 time ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi in V4 you ahve predefined STEP() functions that are smoothed., In 3.5 you need to call the internal Heavyside functions. Index your doc and search for Heavyside, you will find them described, then you need to combine them. You can also search on the forum for 3.5 threads, these functions were often used back in 3.5 time ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.