Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Humidity Sensor

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi!!!
I am trying to design a humidity sensor, but I am facing a very basic problem- how do i set the conditions such that it indicates the natural creation of water vapor or what material do I add so that I can get water vapor. I f some one can plz help me out here...I could give further details of the project. Also which physics do you think I should include for the designing aspect!!!

1 Reply Last Post 2012/06/23 6:06 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/06/23 6:06 GMT-4
Hi

considering air + moisture is a delicate (2 phase) issue, there are a few articles at the COMSOLconferences.

I tried once to get the material data of air updated to contain a moisture dependent variables, without manageing to finalise this in all generality. There should also be some new features in v4.3 too, havent managed to get to that chapter yet.

You can also find many articles in the litterature and a few books on the subject

I know thre are several team around working on moisture transport in buildings and soil, and using COMSOL but I havent seen these persons very active on the Forum,

It would be nice if these could find some time to give us some constructive hints :)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi considering air + moisture is a delicate (2 phase) issue, there are a few articles at the COMSOLconferences. I tried once to get the material data of air updated to contain a moisture dependent variables, without manageing to finalise this in all generality. There should also be some new features in v4.3 too, havent managed to get to that chapter yet. You can also find many articles in the litterature and a few books on the subject I know thre are several team around working on moisture transport in buildings and soil, and using COMSOL but I havent seen these persons very active on the Forum, It would be nice if these could find some time to give us some constructive hints :) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.