Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Thermal stress simulation based on a simulated model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have a model which basically consists one layer of Si (top) and one layer of Ge (bottom). I apply the thermal stress model on it to study the lattich-mismatch induced stress in the Si layer.

now, i intend to open a area on the Si layer and want to study the stress distribution in the left Si region.

May i know how should i realize this process?

1 Reply Last Post 2012/06/28 4:07 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/06/28 4:07 GMT-4
Hi

the easiest is to take your existing model, add in the geometry a block or rectangle for the opening. update your geometry, select the main physics node and suppress the region you want to "open up", DO NOT FORGET TO check that all BCs and domains are correctly referenced, as when you change the topology, COMSOL renumbers all entities, and some of the previous selections get wrong, then rerun your model as is

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi the easiest is to take your existing model, add in the geometry a block or rectangle for the opening. update your geometry, select the main physics node and suppress the region you want to "open up", DO NOT FORGET TO check that all BCs and domains are correctly referenced, as when you change the topology, COMSOL renumbers all entities, and some of the previous selections get wrong, then rerun your model as is -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.