Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Absorption and Scattering cross section

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Fellows,

Is there any of you who has experience with creating absorption and scatering cross section for dipole antenna?

So this is the story, there is gold dipole antenna on the glass.
I want to calculate enhancement of E field (I solved it) but I also want to calculate
scattering and absorption cross section.

I just know that I have to do some integration etc.

Do you have some simple model which I can use for basic learning?

Or maybe you have some suggestion which model to use for learnign from model galery?

Thank you very much in advanced.

2 Replies Last Post 2012/08/06 3:43 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/08/06 3:43 GMT-4
Please go through this you will get some basic idea and look into model library SAR(specific absorption rate in the human brain) example also.
Please go through this you will get some basic idea and look into model library SAR(specific absorption rate in the human brain) example also.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/08/06 3:43 GMT-4
www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXm1GKXDXM0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXm1GKXDXM0

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.