Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simulate 3D cylinder disks using 2D-axisymmetric RF model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,
Recently, i want to simulate the plasmonics resonace in 3D cylinder disks. I have already computed the geometries in 3D RF models, and now i want to use a 2D-axisymmetric RF model. I know that both the geometries and field distributions should be axisymmetric for this model. As seen, the geometry is 2D-axisymmetric, but the field distributions are not, for example, the fields have a azimuth phi dependence exp(i*l*phi) where 'l' denotes the circumferential wave number. For this case, we can write the electric field as E=f*exp(i*l*phi), and the Helmholtz equation turns out to be partial^2 f / partial rho^2 + partial^2 f / partial z^2 + 1/rho*partial f / partial rho-l^2/rho^2*f+omega^2*eps*mu*f=0. Obviously, l=0 leads to an axisymmetric distribution for electric field. The only term l^2/rho^2*f represent the azimuthal electric field pattern, and f is azimuth phi independent. So may i modify the equation to add the term l^2/rho^2*f into a 2D-axisymmetric RF model, performing this simulations ?
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Bruno Berg

0 Replies Last Post 2012/08/05 4:28 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Bruno Berg

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.